Metal roofs have always been a popular choice for sloped commercial applications. Today’s metal roofs offer an excellent range of fade proof colors. Metal roofs are typically low weight and have interlocking seams, reducing the possibility of fastener leaks. Many metal roofs will last up to 50 years and are low cost when compared to tile or slate roofs that have a similar life span.
• Metal roofs are considered an environmentally friendly choice because of their long life, recyclable nature, and cool roof finishes that reflects radiant heat.
• Metal roofs are low weight and can be installed directly over many shingle installations.
• Metal roofs are available in many colors and styles that simulate tiles and shingles. Standing seam roofs are still one of the most popular systems.
• If installed in a snow area, snow guards need to be installed to protect pedestrians near the building.
• Metal roofs shed snow and ice eliminating ice dam problems typical on many shingle roofs.
• Noise during heavy rains is typically not a problem due to the nature of the manufacturing and installation processes.
• Despite popular belief there is no evidence that metal roofs disrupt cellular phone signals or other wireless connections.